I taught for 17 years – 17 years!!! – all of them in 6th grade. It feels like such a whirlwind looking back now.11 years were at a charter school where 6th grade was considered an elementary grade.The other 6 years were at a public school where 6th grade was in a middle school.I think I know my 12 year old students pretty well.
During my time in the classroom, I loved history, geography, and math most of all,
but I've taught every subject under the sun.
I love to make things hands-on and thus I often incorporate interactive notebook
techniques to a lot of what I do.
I had to quit teaching due to a medical condition, so now I create for the classrooms I still wish I could occupy.
Here are 10 random facts about me!
1. I married my high school sweetheart.
2. We have two kids. My husband named the boy – Jason. I named the girl – Reagan.
3. We have 7 pets; it's a zoo. Right now we have 3 cats, 1 dog, 2 bearded dragons, and a ball python. We also are those weird people who name all their dogs after towns in Colorado.
4. I moved to Wisconsin when I was a sophomore in high school. I joke that only 3 good things come from Wisconsin – my husband, cheese curds, and the Packers.
5. My living room is a shrine to the Green Bay Packers and it's my doing, not my husband's. I am a football fanatic!!!
6. I am also a huge soccer fan. When I was 18 I was invited to the U18 Teams USA soccer camp, but then they figured out I was five days too old.
7. I love to collect turtles.
8. I am obsessed with the Lego Architecture sets.
9. I believe you can never have enough Flair Pens or Sharpies.
10. I am very shy at first, but to those that really know me, I can be quite crazy and wild.
Is there anything else you want to know?