Mean median mode range Halloween activity digital version is a fun-filled time to celebrate the holiday and accomplish some great practice with measures of central tendency.
Students will compute the mean, median, mode, and range of twelve different Halloween scenarios.
- Counting bats
- Houses visited while trick-or-treating
- Spiders seen in the attic
- Circumference of pumpkins
- Amount of candy collected
- Number of screams during the dark maze
- Number of zombies
- Animal shelter adopting out black cats
- Counting ghosts
- Crashes by witches on broomsticks
- Visitors to the cemetery
- Amount of toilet paper used to make a mummy costume
Then using that data, students will think critically to answer other relevant questions. Room for work and answers is provided, so all work is completed in Google Slides.
Other Question Types:
- Compute mean, median, mode, & range
- Make inferences
- Identify outliers
- See how outliers affect data
- Choose the best measure of central tendency
- Re-compute as more data is discovered
- Calculate constant rates
- And so much more
The first six problems come from my highly popular free activity – Mean Median Mode Range Activity for Halloween. You only need to download one thing, as the PDF is zipped together with the digital activity for easy use.
Download a zipped file with two PDFs – one is the digital directions with the links to your Google Slides™ compatible file, and the other is the free PDF mentioned above. Please make sure you have the ability to download and unzip files prior to purchasing. Thank you!
Total: 8 printable PDF pages, 7 Digital Instruction pages, 12 Digital Slides