This resource features an origins of Halloween reading activity with a three-page article on many of the customs and traditions we follow today. It connects to a cross-curricular integrated history and close reading activity with material for geography and math & science as well. This no-prep packet is great for sub plans or bell ringers and is just one lesson in a series, called History Minutes.
This Halloween mini-unit is also available as a digital resource compatible with Google Slides.™ With two different readings, historical context, geography, scientific information, math problems on surface area, word puzzles, and more, this is a full curriculum packet on Halloween and will keep your students on task throughout the holiday fun.
- How-to Guide
- 3-Page Reading on the origins of Halloween
- Annotation Guide
- 5-Step Close Reading Activity
- Main Idea
- Comprehension Question
- Prove Your Idea
- Guided Notes
- Geography Lesson – “Where does the story take place?”
- Science/Math Lesson – “How does that work?”
- 3-Page Reading Activity on Pumpkins and Turnips
- Surface Area Work on Pumpkins vs. Turnips
- Decorate a Pumpkin or Turnip Activity
- Smart Scribbles
- Word Puzzles
- Everything in a black & white (grayscale) version
- Color Version in DIGITAL format, compatible with Google Slides™
- Color Version in semi-flattened PPT format in case you have a different LMS.
- All Answer Keys
- Total: 71 Printable PDF Pages, 25 Digital Pages, 25 PPT Pages, 9 Instructional PDF Pages
You will receive a zip file, in which you will receive 2 PDF files, 1 PPT file, and links to the Google Drive™ file.
Please make sure you are able to download and extract files prior to purchasing this unit. Thank you!
You may also like: