Explore the six regions of Colorado with this great NO PREP unit that looks at the location of the regions and major cities, who lived and lives where, and compares the landforms to the regions. With five (5) activities to assist with learning, this hybrid, paper and digital unit covers Colorado’s regions and asks students to label, color, compare, contrast, categorize, take notes, research, synthesize, analyze, examine, and create.
This lesson meets the 4th grade Colorado state standards.
- Teacher Notes
- Regions Map (Label/Color/Analyze)
- “Who Lives Where?” Activity
- Compare & Contrast Landforms to Regions Analysis
- Regional Research Activity with Connected Quiz Activity
- “Where Are the Buffalo?” Reading and Notes Activity
- Salt Dough Map Creation
- Everything above is in Black and White (student copies/PDF form)
- Everything above in Full-Color options (PDF form)
- Everything above in Full-Color Answer Keys (PDF form)
- Everything above already prepared in Google Slides™
- Everything above in a semi-flattened slide master in case you use Microsoft Teams™ or something else as your LMS (PPT form)
- A 5-page guide on how to use Google Classroom
- Total: 47 Printable PDF Pages, 14 PPT Pages, 14 Digital Pages
You will receive a zip file, in which you will receive 2 PDF files, 1 PPT file, and a link to the Google Drive™ file. Please make sure you can download and extract files before purchasing this unit. Thank you!
To fully use this Colorado Regions lesson, you do need knowledge of the Landforms and the Groups of Influence Units; therefore, I recommend Colorado Regions be taught toward the end or smattered throughout the teaching of Colorado history.
✏️Teachers Like You Are Saying:
👍”I bought this unit and liked it so much I bought the bundle!”
You may also like:
©The Colorado Classroom
All rights reserved by the author
Permission for single classroom use only